AquaIron by Oliver Knott is natural aquarium sand used for powering aquatic plant growth. Sourced from the sub tropical islands of Australia and used by world renowned Aquascaper Oliver Knott, this natural aquarium sand contains large amounts of Iron and Minerals that will help you establish a fully planted aquarium.
Can be used with shrimp, tropical and marine fish. AquaIron will also help with your bio-filtration. The Iron Sand’s black and shimmering texture is captivating and forms the perfect canvas for accentuating the colours of your fish. This sand has a powder like consistency.
Use AquaIron by World Renowned Aquascaper Oliver Knott to give your plants the best.
Bag Size Approx.: 38 x 30 x 5 cm
Do not wash product before use
- Depending on your plants, you may choose to add fertilizers or additives in the empty aquarium. For extra vitality use in conjunction with AquaIron.
- AquaIron is pre-washed and does not require rinsing. Evenly spread over the aquarium base.
- Use a scraper or ruler to level the surface, or if desired create gradients.
- Slowly fill your aquarium with water until the water level is about 3-4cm above the AquaIron. This makes easier planting.
- Begin planting your aquarium. Make sure you spray your plants with water until the planting process is completed.
- Once the aquarium is planted, slowly fill your tank to the desired level.
- Power up your filter system and allow the water to clear over the next few hours.
Care and Attention;
- Use AquaIron for freshwater and marine aquariums, paludarium and tropical terrariums.
- Can safely be used with burrowing fish or use with aquarium vacuum cleaners.
- Due to the rich iron properties the sand is slightly magnetic. Using filters or pumps in or too close to the sand may affect the impeller.
PISCES NATURAL PRODUCTS AquaIron:
- Mineral Rich
- For Aquariums, Paludarium & Tropical Terrariums
- pH Stable
- Iron Rich
- Granule Size: Fine Powder
- Colour: Black
- Bag Size:15kg (38 x 30 x 5cm)